Monday 21 May 2012

Powerful Poetry




21.05.12.



My favourite lesson today was with a lovely Year 7 class. It was last lesson of the day and we spent it listening to the poetry they had produced as part of an anthology project. I asked one girl's permission to put one of her poems on here as it had made me cry.


'Parents'
Some say parents are cool
Some say parents are reassuring
Some say parents are embarrassing
I just say: "I love you."


Some parents give you their time
Some parents explain things for you
Some parents do what you want
I just want them to know I love them.

I loved the simple sentiment in it. I hope that one day Dexter will be able to articulate such feelings - once he has got over the fact that I keep posting photos of him on here in the buff!

No comments:

Post a Comment