Monday 28 May 2012

Divided Duty




28.05.12.


I had a very early start this morning: quarter past four to be precise. It was like the newborn days - but without a crying baby. Dexter was sound asleep; I had to be up to head off to Nottingham. I had a peek in the cot before I left, but my heart actually felt like it was going to explode, so I swiftly moon walked out of there.



One of the very good things about the four day residential course I am going on is that I am a delegate alongside lovely lift-share lady. One taxi, two coffees and two trains later, we arrived at our destination at about quarter to ten, for a prompt start to proceedings at ten. I won't go into too much detail, but the day was interesting and enjoyable, but incredibly intense, and, at times, felt like starring in a particularly gruelling episode of 'The Apprentice'.



Before dinner, I managed a quick Skype session on my phone with the husband and the boy. Initially, Dexter seemed very confused as to why mummy was inside the phone, but he soon got the hang of it and was clapping and smiling. Thank goodness for modern technology.



My boys have had a deliciously sunny day involving a lie-in, TV in bed, a trip to the garden centre, lunch at the park, swings and sand. The husband is living my maternity leave. The only dampener on the day for poor old Dexter was a trip to the car wash with his daddy. Apparently, the jet wash was a little too much to handle - no doubt too reminiscent of last week's shower disaster. 



I had a delicious dinner and enjoyed the company of some really interesting people. I was effusive about my work and I know I still have a real love for the job. I won't however, see the real loves of my life until Thursday. I fear I may be struggling by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment