Saturday 11 February 2012

We are family



11.02.12.

Hurrah! Saturday! It's the boy's birthday weekend, so my family travelled down from Manchester for his first birthday party which is tomorrow. Today's #366 picture is Dexter with his cousins: Ellie and Ruby.

The girls are my sister's children. She's a brilliant mummy and a source of much 'mum wisdom' and reassurance. I always remember our NCT teacher telling us that women should not have babies in isolation. My mum and my sister came down to Brighton two days after Dexter was born: it was like the cavalry arriving.

I wish Dexter saw more of his family - on both mine and my husband's sides. Geography and our very busy lives make that a little tricky. I guess that's why special occasions become even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment