Sunday 10 June 2012

Washed-out




10.06.12.

I really enjoyed my riding lesson this morning, but I also found it quite frustrating. I was riding a really great horse (an ex-showjumper), and I just couldn't get it right. We weren't connecting and my riding teacher told me I was being a perfectionist. My frustration arose from knowing the capabilities of the horse and not getting the best out of her. I wonder if my approach to parenting will be the same. Looking back over previous posts, I doubt it! Perhaps with both my riding and parenting I'll learn to accept that I can't get it right all of the time.


Aside from my much-loved indulgent hour, the rest of the day itself lacked any lustre. The weather was filthy, I had a cracking headache, and I hadn't done the schoolwork I wanted to.


I took myself off to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and left the husband in charge of Dexter. We managed a shared tea-time, team effort on the bathing front (more daddy really, as you can see from Dexter's smile), and I sorted out my lessons for tomorrow.


Alarm set, bath and bed. Some days, you just have to let go of and look ahead to the next.




No comments:

Post a Comment