Wednesday 20 June 2012

Tired and emotional



20.06.12.


 
Not a great day today. I'm sore. A sort of battered and bruised and somewhat tender sore. It was a long day. Nothing unpleasant happened, but after a day's teaching and leading a training session after school, we arrived at nursery ten minutes later than our pre-booked five o'clock.


Fortunately, the weather has been glorious today and so the boy was outside in the Huffle playground when I rushed out of the car to collect him. He was kneeling in some wood chip and dust, playing most happily. So happily in fact that he had an epic tantrum when I picked him up and got him in the car. He'd not slept during his afternoon nap time. A tired Dexter equals an emotional Dexter.


Usually, when he's in that zone, I would skip his bath and get him straight to bed. However, his afternoon in the dust had given him fingernails worthy of the most revolting Roald Dahl creation. He had a long soak in the tub, clean pjs and then was tucked up in bed.


And I think that is exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment