Friday 8 June 2012

A quiet spirit



08.06.12.


This morning I had arranged to meet up with a couple of my NCT buddies. Destination: soft play. Perhaps it's because I don't take the boy to these places very often, or he's just not a rough and tumble kind of boy, but Dexter didn't seem to be overly impressed by the whole experience.


While his little friends raced around the brightly-coloured apparatus, exploring independently, the boy clung to his mummy. When he finally let me put him down, it was on to a little sit-on car. He did not scoot round pushing himself with his feet as I imagine is intended, but fixated on the various buttons and dials it featured. He was perfectly content in his quiet, slightly obsessive observations.


When he finally got off it and moved to the floor, he crawled round in a series of neat circles. I'm not going to over-analyse his behaviour; the husband informs me that as a child, he wasn't one for careering about the place. I'm more just interested  in how this may manifest itself as Dexter gets older. The husband is a big fan of gadgets and spreadsheets and doesn't know a huge amount about football.


My boys are gentle souls and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment