Wednesday 13 June 2012

Walk like a man



13.06.12.

This morning, we were a lift-share lady down and a boy (well, man actually) up. We gave a male colleague a lift into school. He was suitably distracted from the fact that he had to be squished in the back of the car with Dexter, as he had the ubiquitous cappuccino handed to him as he was collected from his house.


It was a busy day for me today. Having been off timetable yesterday, I was back at the chalk face (well, interactive whiteboard face) for a full day of lessons. I really enjoyed it. Time flies when you're teaching all day, and the teaching is what I signed up for in the first place.


When we collected the boy from nursery, he was marking the anniversary of his sixteenth month on this earth by doing several unsupported laps of the Huffle playground, unsupported, but with the ever-reliable Sarah not far from his side - just in case. I felt very proud of my mobile little man.


My pride was increased when Dexter was able to walk (holding Mummy's hand), from the car to the house. Today's #366 photograph captures his slight confusion at the front door! As ever: small steps.




No comments:

Post a Comment