Thursday 7 June 2012

Rainy Day



07.06.12.


After the laziness of yesterday, I decide to motivate myself to take the boy into town this morning. I had loads of gifts to buy - the husband despairs at how much of my money goes on presents - and I fancied some fresh air and a wander.


Mission 'get lots of gifts' was successful. Mission 'fresh air' was a little too successful. The heavens opened and I got absolutely drenched. The boy was fine and dandy under the waterproof buggy cover. He was still a tad temperamental today though, having meltdowns in Pret-a-Manger and Waterstones, despite the obvious presence of his favourites: food and books. I think he's just all over the place with getting up times and daytime naps; I'm going to be unpopular at nursery next week.


Despite getting the train home (one stop - I am that lazy), when we returned home, with Dexter sound asleep in his buggy, I was so drenched I had to change all of my clothes including underwear.


Today was not a day for leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment