Friday 27 April 2012

Looking back - and looking forward




27.04.12.



Today's post-parents' evening day was fine, particularly as I was bolstered by Pat's super-strong coffee and a sausage sandwich. My favourite lesson today was with my GCSE class. We were studying a poem in which the poet reflects fondly on her experience of primary school. The class and I had a real nostalgia-trip, and it's amazing how much of an impact their first experience of education has had on them. It makes the pressure to get that choice right for Dexter seem all the more real.



He was asleep when we went to get him from Huffle. Sarah's theory was he'd worn himself out with all of his tantrums. He's quite 'up and down' at the moment. He seems to be testing us out, is frustrated and keen to push some boundaries, particularly if he doesn't get his own way. He was given a chip at nursery today, which he squished in his hand and rubbed into his hair. I just hope that chip doesn't make its way down to his shoulder...



Despite my tiredness on an epic scale, I went round to a friend's house for a lovely evening with the brilliant ladies I met through NCT. The wine flowed, the food was great, and between us, we put the world to rights.


A perfect end to a very long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment