Tuesday 21 August 2012

Troublesome twos



21.08.12.

Today, the boy and I took a long drive to visit a friend currently on maternity leave. She has two under two. They are beautiful children and she's another amazing mother. Again - not tempted.

During the time I was there, the paddling pool was filled with most of the contents of the living room, including the baby monitor. I think this happened on my watch, when I was giving the newborn cuddles. Clearly, I am not destined to be in charge of more than one pre-teen at any given time.

Dexter and I had an afternoon of reading 'Meg and Mog', and I mean an actual afternoon: he's obsessed!

Quiet time for me this evening was Waitrose (my sanctuary), and 'The Great British Bake-Off'. I am embracing what seems to be impending middle-age.

No comments:

Post a Comment