Friday 3 August 2012

Super-Saz!


03.08.12.

Today, I pitched up on the doorstep of a dear, dear friend's house, slightly frazzled and emotional and in need of some support and encouragement.

The boy is a proper toddler now, having proper toddler tantrums, which include the increasingly regular occurrence of hitting himself and banging his head, seemingly in frustration. Today was a particular low and I felt like I was failing at this mothering malarkey.

I had arranged to visit my lovely friend, Sara, anyway, but my timing was quite fortuitous. I've known Sara (Sazzle), for over ten years now, having worked with her and developed a really close friendship - she was one of my bridesmaids. Sara is: deputy headteacher, wife, mother of two, astonishingly bright and gifted, beautiful, funny and one of the most sane, down-to-earth and unpretentious people I know.

As I arrived, slightly at the end of my tether: she made coffee; got her beautiful, well-behaved children to entertain Dexter; dragged the sand-pit out of hibernation; made my boy smile; and reassured me I was doing a good job.

Sara has an inherent understanding of womanhood, motherhood and sisterhood, and boy did the boy and I need her today.

Thank you, Sazzle! x

No comments:

Post a Comment