Monday 2 July 2012

A caring, sharing kind of day



02.07.12.


I do like my job. I hope this is conveyed through my blog, as I am aware that I also use 'Brighton Ramblings' as a forum for having a bit of a whinge. I think social networking revolves around an ever-changing epicentre of people's changing emotions. It's good to talk, to share, to off-load.


A real positive of being a teacher is sharing - sharing ideas, knowledge and feelings. I really felt that today. My students and I spent Monday sharing good writing, inspiring novels, and creative ideas.

New technologies definitely make for much easier sharing of everything. I used Skype this evening for Dexter to share some time with his grandparents, and to catch up with a very dear friend living in Copenhagen and due to have her baby any day now.


Later in the evening, I spent quite a lot of time texting a colleague/friend on maternity leave, and sharing various 'mummy tips', such as having a late night playlist to help the night feeds seem less onerous. My 'listen' of choice was Adele's first album. It does however mean that I now can't listen to 'Make You Feel My Love' without bawling like a baby - whether I am in the comfort of my own home/wandering round a shop. I think the emotionally-charged lyrics were originally penned by Bob Dylan. In those early newborn days, when Dexter and I were awake for most of the night, the words spoke to me of an all-consuming, unconditional love for my boy. I feel a bit weepy reading through them to post them below, but I wanted to share!

When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no - one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you
Haven't made
Your mind up yet
But I would never
Do you wrong
I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong

I'd go hungry
I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling
Down the avenue
Know there's nothing
That I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging
On the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change
Are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing
Like me yet
I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love

No comments:

Post a Comment