Thursday 29 March 2012

Life is sweet




29.03.12.


I consumed a lot of calories today. This is no bad thing as I seem to be wasting away at the moment, which I am attributing to a somewhat manic pace of life.


There was departmental cake at break time, in honour of two colleagues leaving this term. After school, we had a whole-staff cream tea - a celebratory post-Ofsted treat from the governors.


When I collected the boy from nursery, Lizzie referred to him as 'scrummy', which made me smile.  Lovely lift share friend and I made a swift after-school visit to Sainsbury's: she bought chocolate treats for her students, I treated us to Starbucks.


It was a lovely evening, and having been dropped off at the door, I spontaneously took Dexter into the garden. Our garden is shared with all of the residents of our building and we never use it. Perhaps we should, as the boy very much enjoyed crawling around on the grass/in the soil, chasing the cat and putting leaves in his mouth.


There's a feel-good factor in the air and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment