Monday 12 March 2012

Uh-O...


12.03.12.


Today was going swimmingly - well, considering it was Monday and all that. As I blithely trotted across a sunny playground at breaktime to collect some photocopying, and speak to a colleague about a student, I was unaware that the Deputy Head was informing those in the staffroom that Ofsted had called. Their portentous phonecall was to inform the school that we would be subject to a two-day inspection: this coming Wednesday and Thursday.


There is nothing more likely to strike fear into the heart of any teacher (aside from the threat of shortening our precious holidays), than the imminent visit of the Ofsted inspectors. Given that I spend much of my life feeling like I am being judged, an Ofsted inspection simply makes such 'judgement' official. It also signals the start of a very busy and stressful couple of days.


The rest of the day passed by in a bit of a blur. I collected Dexter at his usual late Monday pick-up time, only to go home and work all evening.


Before I put him to bed, I managed today's #366 photo. I feel that the over-the-shoulder shot catching him 'reading' seems strangely appropriate. There's going to be a lot of that sort of scrutiny over the next couple of days in my classroom.


Oh hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment