Saturday 14 January 2012

Super-Scrimping

14.01.12.
Today's picture was taken against the arty backdrop of the Ocado delivery. Since having Dexter, Saturday nights no longer consist of spontaneous visits to sushi restaurants, over-priced wine in Hotel Du Vin, or the occasional bout of clubbing with my girlfriends. Who am I kidding? These things haven't happened for a long time. Instead, Saturday evening heralds the arrival of the weekly online groceries delivery.
Doing the weekly shop online is another aspect of convenience living I have embraced wholeheartedly. I fear it is also a sign of my impending middle-age. The most terrifying part is that once I have added all of the 'baby stuff' to the virtual shopping basket, there's about £30 left of our budget to shop for us. This is probably just symbolic of the way finances work (or don't) with a small person in your life.


Worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment