Thursday 26 January 2012

It never rains, but it most definitely pours...


26.01.12.
Ah, Thursday: what a day. At seven o'clock in the morning, as I was strapping the boy into his carseat in the pouring rain, I realised I had left the passenger door window open all night in the torrential rain. This set the tone for the rest of the day.
An hour and a half later - epic journey into school completed, nursery drop-off done - I was registering my lovely tutor group when I noticed a strong foodie/slightly sweaty smell. It soon emerged that the plastic tub of Waitrose's finest 'Lemon Rasan' (a sort of curried soup) I had brought in for lunch, had leaked in my school bag, all over my work stuff. When I had a moment, I rinsed the whole lot off and popped it on my classroom radiator to dry.
Unfortunately, a quick rinse of my bag and pencil case was not enough to rid them of the pungent smell of curry/body odour, and my class started complaining about the stench in the room. I was not phased by this as I had to hand a 'Good Scents' lemon and grapefruit fragranced room spray. My smugness was short-lived as I did not check which way the nozzle was pointing and promptly sprayed a pump-full of the stuff directly into my eyes.The kids thought it was hilarious: cue several jokes about patches and golden retrievers. I had to have my eyes washed out at Welfare, rendering me a little bleary-eyed and mascara streaked and ten minutes late for a meeting with the headteacher...
My day was finished off with a three hour parents' evening and I finally walked back through my front door at 9pm. The photo represents the quality time I had with my boy that day.
Sometimes being a working mummy sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment