Sunday 21 October 2012

Everybody's free!


 
21.10.12.
 
 
I really enjoyed my riding lesson again this week. We do lots of jumping, and it's just so exhilarating.
 
 
I was trying to think on the way home about why putting yourself on a large four-legged animal and getting it to jump over obstacles feels so fantastic. I came to the conclusion that it's all about freedom. For a split second, as rider and horse leave the ground and soar through the air, you sort of disconnect from reality (and sometimes pray you're not going to disconnect from the saddle).
 
 
Whilst I was out, disconnecting from reality, the husband took Dexter to the park. The boy was finally brave enough to go down the big slide unaccompanied, which he loved apparently. I hope he felt his own sense of freedom and exhilaration to nourish his soul.
 
He also got covered in wet sand: back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment