Monday 17 December 2012

Monday, Monday.



17.12.12.

Today was up there with the grimmest of days. I taught all morning and then drove to the funeral of a former student, who died in utterly tragic circumstances. It was a celebratory funeral, but ultimately, I watched someone lay their daughter to rest: sad times.

I then got horribly lost on the way back to school, so the half hour drive back took two hours!

I had to return to school to attend an A Level presentation evening and cabaret. It was lovely to catch up with former students, but I feel so poorly. Lovely lift-share friend collected the boy from nursery for me and brought him into school; he wouldn't come anywhere near me.

We got home after seven o'clock. I feel physically, mentally and emotionally drained. And it's only Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment