Wednesday 19 December 2012

Just Dexter



19.12.12.

I had an hour long appointment with the nursery owner and Dexter's key worker today. He has an IEP (Individual Education Plan), with three targets focusing on joining in and social interaction. Developmentally, according to a bizarre series of charts and the Early Years curriculum, the boy is 'behind' for his age group.

I was surprisingly cool with all of this. The discussion was useful and informative; they're pleased with his progress; they think he is an interesting little character.

He is my boy. He will undoubtedly do things his way. He will get there eventually. He will have any support put in place that he requires. He will always be loved and protected with the lioness heart I grew when he was placed in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment