Monday 24 December 2012

Choo choo!


24.12.12.

We got up very early today and went with my sister and her family to the East Lancashire Railway. We had tickets for the 'Santa Express' - a steam train that makes its way through the Lancashire countryside with Father Christmas, a brass band and carols along the way. 

Dexter loved... a puddle on the platform and the dustbin truck on the other side of the tracks. He didn't have a meltdown though when Santa made his way through the carriage. I had my suspicions about the sobriety levels of 'Frosty the Snowman', and wanted to punch the so-called magician with his one trick (flicking a paper bag as the children 'threw' an imaginary ball into it). Hilariously, he accused me of 'dropping' said 'ball'. I held back from washing down my two 10am Ibuprofen with the complementary sherry.

It was actually a very lovely and very Christmassy experience - perhaps the start of a Christmas tradition? We followed it with a family lunch at a cutesy cafe near my parents' home. This meant a very late nap and a late evening bed time for the boy. Hope he keeps those eyes tightly shut for the big FC's second visit of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment