Tuesday 20 November 2012

Hero worship



20.11.12.

I collected the boy earlier than usual today and handed him straight over to Daddy (who had been working from home). Dexter has been good today; he feels a lot more calm.

I headed to London, to Shoreditch House, with a dear old friend who is much better connected than I can ever dream of being. We attended Sarah Brown's charity (Piggybank Kids) tenth anniversary celebration.

It was very exciting: I overdosed on canapés and celebrities. Not content with Bill Nighy, Gordon Brown, Stephen Mangan and Kathy Lette in the same room (at very close proximity), I met my absolute idol: Caitlin Moran. 

Apparently, you should never meet your heroes. Cat-Mo was the exception. We managed a couple of chats, a photo, a hug and a kiss and she told me I was wonderful. I love her. I fully intend to make a teenage Dexter read her stuff, and I fully intend to bore him with this story for many years to come - and wheel out embarrassing photos of him in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment